The partners kick-off meeting of the project takes place to mark the official initiation of the implementation phase of the project. The project team (or Consortium) and the stakeholders should be present in this meeting, either face-to-face or virtually.
A kick-off meeting agenda should include the following:
- Introduction: Who’s who?
- Project background:Why implementing this project? What are the goals?
- Project scope:What exactly will you be doing? What kind of work is involved?
- Project plan: How the things will be done? What does the roadmap look like?
- Roles: Who will be responsible for which elements of the project?
- Communication:What kind of communication channels will be used? What kind of meetings or status reports should the team expect?
- Tools:What tools will be used to complete the project, and how will they be used?
- Next steps:What are the immediate action items that need to be completed?
Read how to run a project kick-off meeting (with sample Agendas)!.